Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"flea" is nothing before m. hoppus

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by hoppusdisciple, Aug 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yes, it is true. flea is a waste of skin.

2. Reading your posts is a waste of time. If you're going to make controversial statements, you could at least back them up with an argument.

3. Good form.

Evidence:

1) M. Hoppus is a legitimate name.
    2) Any fool can slide a finger up and down the fretboard, producing "noise"; Hoppus is the man that connects the dots and gets it right.
    3) Hoppus keeps his trow on on-stage, at least.
    and finally
    4) hoppus is the rubber cement that holds together the fabric of american society

flea is not impressive in any aspects.

4. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    :rolleyes:

No, I think Nikki Sixx is better. Want proof?

He holds more than just society together. he formed the universe with his mind.

What the freakin' heck is this all about.

I am about to scream the T word.

5. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, good arguments. Well, i'm convinced. I'm just going to bin all my RHCP records and go and buy Blink's latest album.

6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I really shouldn't be posting this, but oh well. IMO Mark Hoppus has some of the worst bass lines out there. But I do give him respect, mainly because he sings while playing bass and because Blink became famous(but for all the wrong reasons). It's your opinion, I'll let you have(it's not like I can take it away anyway), but this is just my opinion. I also think cassanova should close this thread.

7. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    LOL Hoppusdisciple :)

believe it or not, Mark Hoppus is the person who inspired me to start playing the bass. Hes not my only influence though...

8. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    If he inspired you to play bass, that is cool. All right, go you. If he is your favorite, all right, go you. But I mean come on, you can't just go and diss Flea for no reason! I mean, come on, I don't even like RHCP and I think Flea is a VERY good bassist. I think Mark Hoppus is an OK bassist, his lines could be better though.

9. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    :rolleyes: This is pathetic.
    I'm starting to miss FiElDy_RuLeZ!!!!! now... :eek:

10. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    yo man, chill! all I said was he inspired me. I never said he was my favorite bassist. P-nut from 311 is my favorite bassist. And I dont know what youre talking about me dissing Flea... Flea is God!

:confused:

11. gluified

gluified

Aug 11, 2001
    he's talking about hoppuslover.

12. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Michael Balzary is also a legitimate name, all Flea fans know that..

13. If the legitimate name thing rules out bassists, I guess Sting is out then too.

14. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Why do I enjoy reading these threads so much?

15. excellent plan. you wont be dissipointed.

16. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I really love this nosense forums, It´s a good way to add some posts to your acount without using you brain at all......

By the way, I prefer FieLDy forums, at least you could talk about his (NOT)sound

17. Is it? Doesn't sound ethical. You wouldn't catch me doing that!

... dos cervezas para mi, gracias.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.