1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Flea - I've been down

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by miccheck1516, Aug 3, 2003.

1. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    Have any of you guys heard this?

From a bassists perspective it's definately not as 'good'- no- scrap that, I hate the word good used in describing music, it's definately not as technically challanging as his earlier stuff with RHCP....... but still IMHO it's a nice tune....

If you guys havnt heard it send me a pm il see what i can do ;)

2. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    yea its a nice tune....i like the tablas on it...that instrument isnt usually in red hot chilli peppers music...other than that i find the lyrics pretty weak...and the bass is definately not as apparent as on his other music. do you know if he played the accoustic guitar on this track? or with whom he played? sure doesnt sound like it was produced by rick rubin though :D

3. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    i think this was a solo thing, i know before californication came out that flea was apparently working on an entire solo album.

The song 'Gong Li' by rhcp is also apparently a song from fleas solo album that never appeared, its also significantly differant than anything rhcp had done until then

4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    aww i feel crap he picked out wee grammatical errors of my post :(