1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Flea, John and Omar gettin down.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Tbirdbassist, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Great stuff here.

Nice jam session, a bit long, but still cool. First time I've seen Flea on a P bass.

2. Nice! I'm not far in watching it but it's sounding solid so far.:cool:

3. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    Haven't clicked the link yet, but I know I love it :)

4. havik180

havik180

Oct 9, 2005
    SF bay area
    Dude I dug that vid a lot !!! Awesome ! I think Flea is one of the most underrated super popular bassist's out there ! Most people like him but lots of people say he's "OK" or that all he can do is slap ! Great example of what he can do outside of RHCP !

Rich

BTW thanks for sharing !

5. No problem.

I wish I knew how to make this into an audio file, cause I can't afford a video Ipod at them moment... :bawl:

6. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Not my cup of tea.

7. I have seen it before, but it is amazing. Flea is great and so are the other two.

lowsound

8. Who is that Omar idiot? He's always rushing, can't play and doesn't follow the Flea. Flea and John were great.

9. That is the guitarist from The Mars Volta. He's actually a REALLY talented guitarist and dont be fooled by his screwups in that video. Many can back me on this...

10. Oh, Mars Volta. Don't even worry about trying to explain how they're "so good", it would be a waste of your typing.

11. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    hrm.. interesting?

12. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Ha! Omar looks about 14 years old next to flea!

13. Yeah cool vid. Omar looks like some sort of super dork.

14. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I think it's what's known as a "look"

15. thanks for link :)

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My 2 favorite guitarists and one of my favorite bassists. Fun. FUnny how alot of fleas ideas sound similiar though, anyone else hear the 'this is the place' esque transition ;)

17. Primate

Primate

May 16, 2005
    I never really liked Flea or RHCP for that matter but this is a pretty cool video.

18. Awesome Jam,

Thanks for the video

19. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Pretty cool distortion Flea has going on, looks like he's using a tube amp with high gain settings.

20. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I found the intro a bit lame but after that it really got cool, just finished watching.