Flea keeps giving me advice....

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Yes. In my dreams. And my girlfriend's too. She had a dream about Flea a while back and he said, "Tell Joe he has to fall in love with his bass. He has to adore it. Be in relationship with it." I listened and now it gets in the way of my relationship with her. That's okay.

Last night I had dream that I went to a CHili Peppers concert in a small theater and he was throwing a double album (vinyl for some reason) into the audience. He waited till I got to the front of the stage, threw it to me personally, and said "I want to talk to you when we're done." Cool. I met him when they were done and he told me to study the album and know it inside and out. The album was a compilation of new age/native american type music.

Just felt like sharing that...... feel free to analyze me....
  2. hmm, sounds pretty weird :rolleyes:, perhaps you should see a hypnotherapist or something like that?
  3. lazybassass

Jan 23, 2002
    if you're eating something before you go to bed and thats the cause of weird bass related dreams, then please share what it is:D .
  4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    last nite was one of the few nites that I DIDN'T eat Taco Bell before bed. Hmmmmm..... I had a salad. Maybe that made my dreams more organic or something.
  5. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    :( sniff sniff, i wish flea would talk to me in my dreams....all he ever does is call the cops on me....

6. Dude, I've had a couple wierd dreams involving flea.

It's perfectly normal. Go about your day. ;)
  7. tummage

Apr 23, 2002
    New Orleans, La
    If you move the Vick's vapor rub away from the vaseline jar, you shouldn't have anymore weird dreams!

8. hey, it could be worse.

it could be...

9. Hmmm... i had a dream i was getting married and flea rushed in and stopped the wedding, sounds kinda similar. sounds like bass vs. girlfriend dreams to me.
  10. Heh....I had a dream where Flea became a really bad B-grade film actor. Heh heh, he only mad cameos and....WAIT A MINNIT!!
  11. Wait!! I dream tetris too
  12. lowb

Jul 27, 2000
    London, UK
    I know Flea is an amazing bass player legend type dude, but hey.......you dreaming about a MAN who wears only a sock :eek: :eek:

Peace :rolleyes:

13. or sometimes nothing at all! :eek:
  14. mangle

Dec 17, 2001
    Guayaquil, ECUADOR
    Hey, I just had a dream with flea involved, 3 years ago....that was the dream: the peppers played a show in very poor neighborhood in guayaquil, I talked to flea, and I gave him my bass, and he took a knife or something, and he wrote "olguita" in the body with that knife......It was the first and only time I have a dream like that, with bass players involved....kinda weird, no?
  15. mangle

Dec 17, 2001
    Guayaquil, ECUADOR
    I wrote something wrong....It was "3 days ago", instead 3 years....it was last week!!!
    thank u
  16. Random chili side topic. I was wearing a chili peppers t shirt the other day and my friend who always makes smart arse comments says "don't you find it ironic that you're wearing a shist featuring four guys who are imfamous for not wearing shirts"

I thought that was funny and felt like sharing. so sue me
  17. if you rember any songs on the ablume learn them it mite be a sing.i had a weirder dream i was walking on stage the crowed looked like wood stock 69 (as in the size).all i could see was people. then i relized i was playing a 7 string purple conklin with all purple ampeg amps wearing just purple boxers.
  18. Pea-NUT

Jul 1, 2001
    Jerseyville, IL
    I had a dream flea was in a carrot suit.
  19. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Joe, you crack me up!

I love dancehallclasher's comment - rofl!
  20. you should stop drinking before bed