1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Flea Market Copy Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lowphatbass, Aug 12, 2007.

1. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    I picked this up at the flea market today. Does anyone know where I could locate the missing bridge piece for something like this?
    Here's pics:
    IMG_0045.
    IMG_oo46.

2. Chandler Bing

Chandler Bing

May 16, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Stewmac perhaps. That's a cool bass....SG copy. Who makes it?

3. maybe rework all the parts? buy new ones? shouldn't be too expensive. I say, drop some darkstars in it, and do that fleamarket bass some justice.

Got my first acoustic as a fleamarket...to this day, I still love her.

4. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    It's the infamous "made in Japan" company. There's no name anywhere and I'm sure there never was one unless it removed expertly when the bass was in quite young and it was a decal applied after the bass was completed(very possible?). I got it because it's not been messed with and shows signs of some pretty regular playing, "not abuse but use". While I couldn't see any gig situations with this bass it may work in the studio, I get calls to work on some interesting projects. Any info would be appreciated! Here's another shot:

IMG_0046.
    IMG_0047.

5. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Hoboken
  6. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
  7. lowphatbass

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Well, today I checked out a real Gibson EB-3 and the bridge is exactly like the one in the link. Unfortunately it's different from what this copy bass has. I could probably make the bridge work but it would require drilling and although it's not plywood, it is pretty soft mahogany, the main thing is that I really can't see spending $60 on this bass. What's this worth??$75-$100 tops right?