Flea on Navarro's new album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by the-lizard-king, Jul 2, 2001.

1. I just read that Flea plays the bass on Dave Navarro's new album. Has anybody heard the album? I've heard some good things about it, and now that I know Flea plays on it Im definately going to have to get it! Might give us some funky new flea basslines to play around with!
  2. I've heard the single, and its a decent song... but its not something I can see myself listening to on anything other then the radio.

Also, Navarro plays most of the bass on that album, so don't expect too much.

(Oh, and if album sales are important to you, when i went to the record store the cd was marked down to $9.99...)
  3. Oh well, any new playing from Flea is worth a listen. Speaking of which, the next Chili Peppers album is being recorded as we speak! I can't wait for that!
    John Frusciante said that it is going to be different from anything they have yet done, should be interesting!
  4. sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    On the new RHCP album, I hope the singing is a hell of a lot better than it was at the "My VH1 Awards".... Oh the majic of the recording studio!! ;)

And I didn't think Navarro's new single ain't too hot, I dont think it's worth 10 bucks
  5. YAY! NEW CHILI ALBUM! Finally! i'm starting to get a little bored of my albums. But about Navarro. The new single is SWEET! my family loves jane's addiction which is wierd ;) and your right. anthoney does sound a lot better in the studio.
  6. LOL!

At Best Buy it was $6.99...
    Is it just me or is Dave Navarro trying to be Trent Reznor with all his electronics and stuff? I don't really like Rexall.
  7. purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    Both John and Flea said the new RHCP album would be going back to their "punk roots"....

And I don't know about the DN solo album, but Flea plays extensively during Jane's Addiction live performances, so I wouldn't be surprised if he made an appearance.
  8. Flea is NOT playing on Navarro's album, however Chad Smith, the drummer for the RHCP, is.
  9. i can't figure out why navarro is letting the other guitarist take the solos when he plays live - dave is a phenomenal lead guitarist.