1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Flea + P on Daily Show

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MixBass, Sep 26, 2013.

1. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    It was cool to see Flea playing a P on the Daily Show. I think it was last nights (9-25) show, with Atoms for Peace. They did 2 songs. It was also great to hear/see him in a different context, with Thom Yorke.

2. Duckwater

Duckwater

May 10, 2010
    USA, Washington
    He sounds better with a P imo

I love this particular performance

3. Gasman

Gasman Gold Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2007
    South Carolina
    That is really good. Notice how Omar is just kinda watching John and Flea, all the while playing like a madman. Love it!

4. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
  5. Just saw it on my DVR. Didn't anybody else see Flea used a 4/10 in top of a 1/15? How did that get past the TalkBass members without starting up that whole discussion again? Hahaha. :)

6. emf818

emf818 Guest

Dec 27, 2012
    I saw some footage too from like 2004 with the RHCP where he's playing a J bass and heard he recorded most of Stadium arcadium with one. Never seen him play a P before though. I still wonder what made him drop Musicman in the 90s.

7. jmela

jmela

Jul 24, 2007
    IIRC he was looking for MM to develop a 'signature' model and to compensate him for said model. MM didn't want to play ball and he went to Modulus instead.