Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FLEA strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by LessWooten, Mar 25, 2003.

1. LessWooten

LessWooten Guest

Mar 22, 2003
    Perrysburg, OH
    Does anyone know what kind of strings flea has used over the years??:confused:

2. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    I remember reading in an interview article somewhere when Flea said the last time he bought strings was in the '80s. Now he only uses strings that come with his modulus so I guess you should find out what kind of bass strings modulus string onto their bass. Maybe I could be wrong but I know I've read that somnewhere correct me if Im wrong!

3. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Metal.

4. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Ahh thats the one. Thanks George. When he said he doesn't know which string he uses now and that he hadn't buy any strings for the last ten years I'm assuming he either uses the stock strings that come with the modulus or his bass tech strings a set that complements his style of play and the way he wants the bass to sound. But of course its all an assumption. I guess the only person who knows what bass strings he uses is his bass tech.