Flea vs. Sam Kinison

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ytsebri, Mar 28, 2001.

1. ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Hey. Everybody else seems to be putting up a "Flea vs. ..." column, I thought I would too. BTW, Sam would kick his ass :D
  2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Sam is dead

3. ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    Hence the "would", not could :D
  4. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  5. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    What if Flea could use his Modulus as a weapon?
    -Dan :D
  6. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Even with 2 full Galien stack, he wouldn't be loud enough for Sam!
  7. ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    You see, Sam ,before his untimely demise-God rest his soul, had the unique ability to exhale alchohol fumes at will. All he would need is a lighter, and Flea, and any weapons/cybernetic appendages, would spot weld to the floor.
  8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

9. Mr. X

Mr. X

Mar 29, 2001
    I thought you were refering to their respective bass playing abilities. I suppose that most people don't know that Sam WAS a musician and quite a superb bassist.
    Flea WOULD probably beat him in the slapping dept., but if you add vocals, then Sam WOULD blow him away. :D:D
  10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Flea would have have won if he had his magical teddy bear pants to absorb the alcohol fumes.
  11. Sheesh, you guys are constantly pitching the living against the dead. There's no competition there!

At least if we picked two living bass players we could capture them and force them to fight to the death for our own satisfaction....

Pattitucci's got some big ol' hands but I reckon he's a wooss

Lemmy would take a right shoeing, maybe 10 rounds, but he doesn't look like he'd give much back, too old

Flea would kick arse, wirey strength, but against one of the big 20 stoners, hmm?

Claypool, psycho he'd try to kill his opponent by licking their ears or something

Question) If it came down to it, who is the hardest bass player?
  12. :(
    I miss Sam, I was too young to appreciate the man when he was around. I just saw his video for the remake of Under My Thumb the other day :oops: . Whoa... it was cool.... strippers and all :oops: . No match for Flea any more though :(
  13. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Sam all the way!!!

Will C.:cool:
  14. Andy Erickson

Andy Erickson

Apr 6, 2001
    Being one of the biggest Chili Pepper fans ever... I would have to pick my man. But i do admire Sam more than most others. and if FLea could use his modulus as a weapon, even i would get the hell out of there!