Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by noetical1, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Hi Mr. Watt:

I was just curious, have you and Flea ever hooked up and played music together? It seems like you two have similar creative vibes going on, and you both are from the LA area...are you guys friends? Seems like you two dudes would make some wicked creative tunes together.

thanks for your time,
    Dave P
  2. lil tug

lil tug

Feb 21, 2003
    I'm not too sure when it came out (sometime after Ball-Hog or Tugboat) but it was Watt, Flea and Les Claypool. It was called "Big Bottom Pow-wow", I think.

I believe it was a promotional CD and was never available for purchase.

I have looked for it for a long time and haven't been successful.

Good luck finding it.
  3. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

yes, we are indeed friends. one of the first gigs the peps did was opening for the minutemen in hollywood.

flea is cool peeps and quite talented. he played trumpet on the track "sidemouse advice" on my wrestling record, "ball-hog or tugboat." he played "lead bass" too on another track on that record, "e-ticket ride."

on bass, watt

4. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

you're right, that was a promo-only cd from columbia records in 1993) where me, flea and cris kirkwood (plus a phone call from les claypool) discussed bass. there's some fIREHOSE songs on it too, one live one w/j mascis that never released.

you can find an mp3 of it here:

on bass, watt