Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fleas bass

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by VerminX, Apr 26, 2001.

1. hey could somebody please tell me what type as in brand and so forth flea uses in the "around the world" video clip?

2. FLEABITE

FLEABITE

Apr 13, 2001
    Kent, England.
    I think its a modulus flea signiture model. Can't quite remember but I remember seeing the making of that video on MTV and he had a modulus flea bass on set. He used to play stingrays but I think he doesn't any more.

3. Yup....Modulus Flea Bass

4. He always plays the modulus live, but he plays lots of different basses in the studio. Like Alembic, for one, I know. He probably still plays stingrays too. Personally, I prefer the stingray sound to the modulus. I read him talking about it some in an interview, and I think the main thing he likes about the modulus is how it won't go out of tune, almost no matter what.

5. It's also lighter and much more comfortable to jump with. I tried, it's awesome...

I still like stingray's better though..especially the neck

6. lordigg33

lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    he records with alembics and his Wal bass. he used to record with spector as well. he still uses hte sting ray, he luvs that bass, abnd he luvs his modulus for live stuff. but he doesnt use it for recording.

iggy

7. Flea does use the modulus. That is a nice bass I saw one for sale for $1200 dollars. It's nice and light also it looks cool with all those sparklys.

8. lordigg33

lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    the sparkley ones are only special oreder now, they are like 100 dollars extra and take a while to be made. he only uses the modulus to play live. the normal FLEA basses, the silver ones, can be found at mars myusic for about 1400 or so, but the sparkley ones, i found one at a store here in dallas called Larry morgan music for 2100 and that about how much it would cost from modulus as well. and thats for a sparkley one. i cant wait to get one ;)

iggy

9. I live in mass and I go to Daddy's Junky Music and they had a Modulus Flea bass out for $1200. They sell their gear for wicked cheap. Probobly because they let everybody touch them. Also because they get the ireggular ones. I think. Most of their stuff is decent.

10. "It's also lighter and much more comfortable to jump with. I tried, it's awesome..."

- Remind me not to buy a bass from the same shop you do!

11. i did a little jump, not the ones like he does...it doesn't really fly away from my body as others do...