Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

flea's sound on sir psycho sexy (bssm album)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pigpen02, Apr 3, 2002.

1. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    anybody have any idea how he gets that nasty wah sound? what kind of envelope filter and settings is he using? thanks.

2. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Thats a Mutron Old one not the reissue but the story is that It was running out of batteries when he cut the track.They got new ones, did more takes but none had that sound so that was the one

AJ

3. ANDREW JONES YOUR DOG IS ADORABLE!!!!!!! CAN I OWN HIM FOR A DAY?????? :D

4. Thats the story? All I have ever heard was bassballs. I know he has one in his loop and can not think of what else he uses it on, oh well you learn something new (or fishy) every day.

Mikey

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    where did ya read that, AJ?

6. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Bass player mag when the album came out.

:D :D :D

No;)

AJ

7. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Actually, I think it was a Boss Dynamic Filter. There hard to come by (Boss dropped them), luckily I grabbed one a few years back. It's true when its low on battery power it has a totally different vibe altogether. I run a Boss Bass O.D. in front of it and cop the tone exactly(gotta have that little bit of crunch). The Bassballs is to tight and the Mutron sweep varies too much, but the B.D.F. is juuusst right! You can set the sweep to affect the frequencies of that particular riff and its magic!

8. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    That's the bassballs, no questions asked.