Fleas wah pedal in his "master sessions"

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lowend4s, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    I was looking for the most dirtiest funkiest wah pedal and fleas pedal in his instructional video was very funky. I was wondering what kind it is and how much it cost? And please feel free to reccomend some other funky wah pedals.
  2. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    I know for a fact that Flea uses a Jim Dunlop Bass Wah (The white one). I bought one about a year ago and i love it! It has an adjustable 'Q' control (changes the sweep of the wah) and adjustable volume boost/cut for solos and quiet passages.

Check out 'One Hot Minute' by the Chilis for lots of wah action - a good example is the interlude on 'Coffee shop'.

I paid £109 for mine in london. I think they normally cost about £150 but the bloke charged me for the model below it!! Dont tell him.

Other options enclude the 'Snarling Dogs 'Bawl buster'' although I have read some bad reveiws. Try one, you might love it.

You could of course try an 'Autowah' like the new Boss AW-3 or a Electro Harmonix Q-Tron. Just go mad and try everything - you may discover fleas wah is not for you.

Let me know how you get on. Wah pedals are a lot of fun.

Cheers, Chris:cool:
  3. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    AKA the 105Q. I just bought one today. I tried it on whim and I found it to be really to my liking. I usually don't use effects and had sort of sworn off them but this one changed my mind.
  4. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    If you're talking about the (in)famous Starlicks Sessions video with River Phoenix, he is using a DOD envelope filter. I have that video and I have watched it many, many times. :D