Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fleas wah pedal in his "master sessions"

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lowend4s, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Lowend4s

Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    I was looking for the most dirtiest funkiest wah pedal and fleas pedal in his instructional video was very funky. I was wondering what kind it is and how much it cost? And please feel free to reccomend some other funky wah pedals.

2. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    I know for a fact that Flea uses a Jim Dunlop Bass Wah (The white one). I bought one about a year ago and i love it! It has an adjustable 'Q' control (changes the sweep of the wah) and adjustable volume boost/cut for solos and quiet passages.

Check out 'One Hot Minute' by the Chilis for lots of wah action - a good example is the interlude on 'Coffee shop'.

I paid £109 for mine in london. I think they normally cost about £150 but the bloke charged me for the model below it!! Dont tell him.

Other options enclude the 'Snarling Dogs 'Bawl buster'' although I have read some bad reveiws. Try one, you might love it.

You could of course try an 'Autowah' like the new Boss AW-3 or a Electro Harmonix Q-Tron. Just go mad and try everything - you may discover fleas wah is not for you.

Let me know how you get on. Wah pedals are a lot of fun.

Cheers, Chris:cool:

3. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    AKA the 105Q. I just bought one today. I tried it on whim and I found it to be really to my liking. I usually don't use effects and had sort of sworn off them but this one changed my mind.

4. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    If you're talking about the (in)famous Starlicks Sessions video with River Phoenix, he is using a DOD envelope filter. I have that video and I have watched it many, many times. :D