1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Flight case for NECK-OFF bass. FMI all-in-1.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by J_Engel, Dec 13, 2018.

1. J_Engel

J_Engel Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Price:
    $500
    For sale is a barely used FMI Bass Flight case for Neck-Off basses. These sell for $900, and with shipping it came to over $1200 for me. You can see a video of this case on their website here Upright Bass Removable Neck Travel Bass by FMI

This case was used on 1 trip (2 flights), and, full disclosure, my fully carved bass was damaged while in this case. I am of the opinion that a plywood bass would be perfectly safe in this case, but of course I have to sell it as buyer beware. The reason for the damage, as far as I can tell, was due to an insufficient amount of foam installed on the case. The weight of this case with the bass inside AND a bow and an ultra thin Mooradian case was 46 pounds, meaning there is at least 5 pounds of play for you to install additional foam yourself and still be underweight, assuming that your bass weighs around the same as mine. From talking to the folks at FMI, I know that they have other clients who have been using this exact same case without incident, and they are continuing to make them. ** ONE GOOD IDEA ** would be to buy this case, throw away the divider, add a bunch of foam to it, and use it just for the body. It would be cheaper than a case extreme.

Aside from the obvious, everything worked well with this case. The 4 wheels make it very easy to get around, and I do think that with the additional foam, this could be a great case for someone. Asking price is $500. My loss is your gain, you won't find a cheaper neck-off case! This would be for pickup in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. IMG_7096.JPG IMG_7097.JPG IMG_7098.JPG IMG_7099.JPG IMG_7101.JPG IMG_7102.JPG IMG_7103.JPG IMG_7100.JPG Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

IMG_7096.JPG IMG_7097.JPG IMG_7098.JPG IMG_7099.JPG IMG_7101.JPG IMG_7102.JPG IMG_7100.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  2. ddbassGA

ddbassGA Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Interested.