1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Flight of the Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by domportera, Apr 3, 2011.

1. domportera

domportera

Mar 2, 2011
    I just can't find any tabs for a 6 string bass to play the lead part of Flight of the Bumblebee. I'm well aware that it's WELL out of my skill level, but regardless I'd love to try it. Has anybody found or made any good tabs for it? 6 string preferred, but 4 string I'll take.

2. SMILEYSIXX

SMILEYSIXX

Dec 29, 2009
    Glad I'm not the only one crazy enough to wanna play it.

3. domportera

domportera

Mar 2, 2011
    Thanks, I'll definitely give that a shot, one day when I'm not too lazy :p hell, maybe I'll tab it myself

4. Check Joey Demaios version of it.
    YouTube - Manowar - Sting of the Bumblebee
    I don't care what people say, he has had some bad sounding live solos *this coming from a massive Manowar fan* but no one can talk down on his take on Bumblebee.

5. You mean that bunch of wankering and pletora of fretnoise.

6. Thanks for posting this. I've been working on it for about a week and I'm up to about 170 bpm. I'm not fast enough to sight read this, but once I memorized the changes it isn't that difficult.

I want to practice more pieces like this! Anybody have a suggestion? "If you like Flight of the Bumblebee, you should try ____"

7. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

This book may be of interest. It has some of the best Classical solos transposed for bass.

8. That book looked a little easy to me, but thanks for the suggestion. I'm going with Mel Bay's J.S. Bach for Bass. The Amazon preview looks a little more challenging. I never would have considered studying classical music on bass guitar (I also play upright bass) but I have had a great time practicing Flight of the Bumblebee and look forward to having some more material.

9. piano fighter

piano fighter

Apr 17, 2010
    MD
    The Bach for Bass book is great--definitely music for musicians, but again, once you learn the changes and arpeggios and everything in the songs, and have some of the patterns down, they really are beautiful and fun pieces to play.

10. basstoven

basstoven

Nov 20, 2008
    Buffalo, ny
    I never found tabs, but i read the sheet music. It's basically a chromatic decension from a high E (3 ledgers above the treble clef.) Start on fret 21 on your G string or 16 on your C string. That is an octave lower than what sheet music calls for but thats the highest possible E your gonna get, unless you have a really long scale or you can bend your string like no one else.
    The first 2 bars are E-Eb-D-Db, D-Db-C-B, C-B-Bb-A,
    Ab-G-Gb-F. Play those in 16ths in 2/4 time. Repeat an octave lower starting on fret 9, G String. Then Starting on E on the A string (fret 7) play E-Eb-D-Db, D-Db-C-B. Repeat that again. Then Play E-Eb-D-Db, C-F-E-Eb, E-Eb-D-Db, C-Db-D-Db. That's your first 8 Bars out of 25 total. Play realy quick 16ths all the way through in 2/4 time. Oh yeah and it says vivace at the top?

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021