1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Flightcase for 2 basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nrssab, Mar 2, 2008.

1. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    I'd like to ask if anyone builds a flightcase for 2 basses?

I imagine it like a case which one could open from both sides.

Thanks.

2. You might want to check out newyorkcasecompany.com. I had them build a couple of custom cases about a year and a half ago and was quite pleased with them both.

Though they don't list the double sided case on their site they may be able to make one for you.

3. pmaraziti

pmaraziti Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    Not exactly what you asked for, but an other solution I've seen here in TB and I'm goign to try is a doublegig bag in a SKB Golf deluxe ATA case....

4. Ive seen cases like that, full ATA spec, but i cant bloomin remember where :meh:

5. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    some more places to talk to are

http://www.affordable-cases.com/

http://www.calzonecase.com/

calzone has a great reputation and their prices tend to be slightly higher because of this, but they build quality stuff. i've ordered several cases form them and they are very easy to talk to and will pretty much accommodate any request you have.

6. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    Thanks for you're help mates! I've sent emails to the companies you recomended, I'll see if they could build something like that.
    Also the idea with the 2 gig bags in that golf case is also good, I will think about that.

Thank you!
    If someone else has seen any cases like that please leave a post.

7. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Obvious I know, but the biggest issue you will have is size (bulk) and weight!

Personally I'd rather go with a couple of individual ATA flight cases.

8. Another issue, aside from the size and weight, is that if you are using the ATA cases as they're intended (flying your basses to shows, or otherwise having them transported) and a double case gets lost, you lose two basses rather than just one.

9. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    I've been very happy with my "full ATA" single bass case from Affordable Cases (link in an earlier post). It has made dozens of flights to the West Coast and Hawaii.

I painted it Olive Drab. This was a mistake, because everyone assumes it is a weapon. I would suspect that, too I guess.

It is very strong and quite heavy. If it were to hold 2 basses, I think it might be a problem getting it around airports/parking/shuttles/taxis/rental cars, etc. :D

As much as I like it, if I were carrying 2 basses (which I would love to do), I would consider the rolling golf bag "safe" route.

ata1.