Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flightcase for EBS410 cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vdbroek81, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Hello, I am considering a flightcase for my EBS 410 cabinet. It would be most practical if the cabinet could stay in the flightcase (so with only one removable front lid)

I wonder if this will have a significant negative effect on the sound of this fantastic 410.

How do you protect your speaker cabinets?

a) In a flightcase which I remove when playing
    b) In a flightcase with a removable lid, the cabinet stays in the flightcase
    c) I only use a dustcover
    d) I don't use any cover/protection.

Many thanks in advance.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I use a flight case for my 4x10, the type where the entire case lifts off upward, with the cab sitting in the wheeled tray. Reason being, I like to sit the lid down first, then the 4x10 on top when I play, so its more at ear level. I hate listening to my cab on the floor. My ears are on my head, not at my knees.

3. Thanks Eric,
    I also used to play with the cabinet lifted but the loss of low end made me lower the cabinet again. The only con is maybe the fact that you will have to find a place for the case when playing. Anyway your solution solves that problem and is more flexible.

4. bassomane

bassomane

Apr 3, 2002
    Austria
    I have designed a protection, which works very good and is very light in weight: A speaker cover made of heavy duty carpet. It protects my speaker cabinet (also a EBS410) very good against all dangers of transportation. Shure it is not as good as a hardcase but way better than a dustcap. The weight is only at about 5kg and the costs are about EUR 20,-. I found it to be the best solution for my purposes.