1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Flipping Happy: SIT Power Flats

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bluemonk, Nov 23, 2004.

1. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    Just a quick note (I'll do a review in gear review later) to describe some string si've fallen in love with: S.I.T. Power Flats. They are nickle, medium gauge, and describes as not a true flat, but more like a ground wound. The thing is I had put a set of Elixir polywebs on my pink paisley P bass and was somewhat happy, but not really. They were quite bright. I liked the clarity, but wanted more thump. Thump plus clarity: this is what I seek. I have TIs on a couple of basses, but wanted something a bit more in your face for the P (I'm in a 60's cover band) and wanted to feel comfortable digging in. Well, I love these SIT Power Flats. Lots of thump, with a buttery tone (with the single coil, anyway). :cool:

2. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    WOOOO! I had ordered some of the power flats and some rotosounds right after this post and put the rotosounds on when they arrived from juststings.com. I liked the rotos at first but lately felt I couldn't get a decent tone from my Guild Pilot with EMG P-J pickups and put the SIT strings on. Changed my mind about that bass COMPLETELY! After band practice last week I was thinking maybe I should sell that bass. After practice tonight I'm feeling priveleged to own such a fine sounding bass. Really! It has a great woody tone that I had been missing since I got rid of the dead roundwounds that came on that bass.

3. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    Hey--Glad the strings made such a difference. And what's weird is how cheap they are!!

How are things with you, anyway? A hollowbody: cool.