Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flipping Happy: SIT Power Flats

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bluemonk, Nov 23, 2004.

1. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    Just a quick note (I'll do a review in gear review later) to describe some string si've fallen in love with: S.I.T. Power Flats. They are nickle, medium gauge, and describes as not a true flat, but more like a ground wound. The thing is I had put a set of Elixir polywebs on my pink paisley P bass and was somewhat happy, but not really. They were quite bright. I liked the clarity, but wanted more thump. Thump plus clarity: this is what I seek. I have TIs on a couple of basses, but wanted something a bit more in your face for the P (I'm in a 60's cover band) and wanted to feel comfortable digging in. Well, I love these SIT Power Flats. Lots of thump, with a buttery tone (with the single coil, anyway). :cool:

2. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    WOOOO! I had ordered some of the power flats and some rotosounds right after this post and put the rotosounds on when they arrived from juststings.com. I liked the rotos at first but lately felt I couldn't get a decent tone from my Guild Pilot with EMG P-J pickups and put the SIT strings on. Changed my mind about that bass COMPLETELY! After band practice last week I was thinking maybe I should sell that bass. After practice tonight I'm feeling priveleged to own such a fine sounding bass. Really! It has a great woody tone that I had been missing since I got rid of the dead roundwounds that came on that bass.

3. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    Hey--Glad the strings made such a difference. And what's weird is how cheap they are!!

How are things with you, anyway? A hollowbody: cool.