1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

fliptop clones?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dlmarquez, Sep 28, 2008.

1. I've come to the conclusion that the good old Ampeg Portaflex pretty well nails it for me in terms of tone and sound. Howevre I am very curious as to weather anyone has started producing "clone" Ampeg B15's and B-12's?
    Seems to me that there is a market. There are tons of boutique guitar amplifier outfits making clones of Tweed Fender Twins, supers, princetons, champs, etc.
    Anyone know of any B15 or B-12 clones?

2. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    To my knowledge, "Matchless" amps was the only manufacturer besides Ampeg to do a flip-top.

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think that Motion Sound (the cats that do the Leslie-like spinning cabs) was talking about doing something like this a while back.

A friend of mine in LaVerne, TN took a B-18 (1x18 fliptop) and built a baffle in it that converted it to a 410. Pretty cool, eh?

4. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    you mean like this?:

http://www.fliptops.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=61_83

of course, you still need the amp...how about a small head with a sansamp vt?

later, ron

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Use one of the above-linked cabinets from FlipTops. On the lid, attach one each of these:

OLC Flipster
    AI Focus SA