1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fliptops SVT-810E Replacement Grille?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by voided3, Jan 12, 2018.

1. voided3

Nov 11, 2008
    I am debating ordering a new grille for my Ampeg SVT-810E as it is a warped and cracked piece of MDF (though the cloth is unscathed/tight and I replaced the Velrco with 3M Dual Lock so at least it's well attached for now). I have a few questions for those who have ordered one.

First question: Roughly how much was shipping if it was shipped to a US address? Knowing how huge these are, I am curious what to expect for S&H for the East Coast.

Second question: If you ordered one, did you make any customization requests? I think it would be cool to order one with the 60's style Portaflex cloth but with white piping.
  2. jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    I ordered a 610HLF Anniversary grill from them and it took almost 2 months because "they ran out of cloth". Took them 5 weeks before they told me that, so I was pretty upset at the lack of communication.

Once it finally arrived it looks like it came right from Ampeg. Nice quality and workmanship. All together mine was about $120 including the shipping (my grill sells for $92).
    voided3 likes this.
  3. voided3

Nov 11, 2008
    Thanks for the info! I think if I were to order a custom cloth + piping combo I would have to email/call them rather than checkout online so that would hopefully mitigate the communication issue. I assumed the shipping would be in the $40+ ballpark; for the 8x10 it's like shipping a chalkboard! (haha)
  4. jdubbass38

Mar 20, 2009
    I’ve ordered an 810, 610 and b25b 215 grill all from flip tops ...nothing but great service and great looking product! My 810av grill cloth shipping was $40 I believe.
    voided3 likes this.
  5. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Have ordered repro grills for my flatback 8x10 and B40 cabs, both were maybe around $30-40 for shipping? Bruce can be a little slow to respond at times, it's a small operation over there, but the products I've gotten have always been good quality. I don't think I waited more than the week or two of production time on either of my grills.
    voided3 likes this.
  6. Searay

May 20, 2012
    I bought one for my SLM ply cab. Fit like a glove.
    voided3 likes this.