Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flirted With Girl (and if someone thread jacks this one, I shall kill them)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AltIII, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Ok, so I flirted with a cute girl the other night. "So what?" Well, I'm a pretty shy person and I've recently been trying to remedy that.

Lately I've just been starting up conversations with complete strangers. Realizing that most people are pretty cool and nice if you just give them a shot and that perhaps I wouldn't be so much of a geek if I just opened up a bit. Cause I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and HEY people like me.

Anyways, so I was able to get her name, but dang nab it, I chickened out and didn't get her number. And to think we actually clicked a bit. Perhaps if it was meant to be, I shall see again and we will live forever in a world of lollipops and gingerbread men....or perhaps I'll ask for her number and take it from there.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    congratulations on opening up a little bit more, anything else you'd like to share?

3. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Yes, she said she liked my super mario bros. 1up Mushroom wristband. I must agree, it is pretty sweet.

4. So, these socks I have...oh, wait a minute, sorry :D

Seriously, talking to someone after you take forever to get up the nerve to do it feels great.

5. This girl told me she liked my Led Zepplin shirt, and I said "thanks, what does your shirt stand for?" and she said "Good Charlette(sp?)". We never talked again.

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    so you talked to her? GREAT!! thats the first step.

now, i know by the other thread you did not get her number..

did you see her in a place where you potentially see her again and get her number?

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I just thought I'd post an official notice that I'll be hijacking this thread later. Any suggestions on the hijack topic?

8. Hmm doesn't look like that's allowed anymore. Ah well, was fun while it lasted.

On topic, I used to have trouble talking to girlies. After you realise that not everyone is as different from you as you thought, gets a bit easier. Of course, that could be just me.

9. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland

With mods playing an active part in the other hi-jacking, it seems like anything goes......

10. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Yeah, I keep trying to remind myself of that. I'm just glad I'm actually making progress. I just have to remember to pat my own back sometimes. It takes hard work and time to grow a set of testicles.

11. Ill just repost what i said in your original thread...

"You should have asked for her number if you liked her and thought you clicked.
    There is a chance now you might not see her again...or if you do, someone else might have snatched her up.

IMO, if you think your clicking with someone...then there is no wrong time in asking for a number."

Confidence can be a hard thing to have when talking to someone your interested in. You just got to keep working at it. Girls dig guys with confidence. Just take that extra step next time...whats the worst she can say? "No?" That 2 letter word in no way destroy your life. :)

12. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    What is this confidence thing and where are they selling it?

Seriously, I've many times that confidence is sexy to women, and I don't doubt that it's true. But it's certainly easier said than put into practice. For now I have to rely on faux-esteem

13. Its just something you build over time, by letting go of your fears.

But if you do find where they are selling it though...let me know :D

14. Ace123

Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I just recently signed up for a semi-weekly newsletter from THIS SITE which a friend recommended, and believe me THIS GUY KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT when it comes to girls and dating. I suggest you check it out, i did and it's already starting to work.

There is no shame in getting help with girls. I haven't purchased his e-book yet, but i'm sure it would be beneficial as well. His newsletters have been helpful to me, hopefully they'll be helpful to you.

GOOD LUCK

15. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    hmm id suspect that if that link was anything other than a spam trap the information would be available throught a website rather than e-mail....

16. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    What is your perception of a moderator's duties exactly?

17. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland

Generally, to keep things running smoothly, and to set an example to others, not to participate in the de-railing of threads....

Perhaps im wrong...

18. Ace123

Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I promise you it's not spam. It's just a newsletter you get a couple of times a week which really gives you great advice on girls. If you think it's spam, don't sign up. But the only thing i've recieved after signing up is his newsletters. The information IS available for download off the website but you have to pay for that. The newsletter is free, very beneficial, and spam free.

19. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland

I believe you :bag:

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I get the double your dating emails... they are pretty funny... and its not spam. They are all a good read.... most of the advice is repetetive, but a little is usable, and they are always funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.