1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Flite cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LarryJ, Apr 21, 2002.

1. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    There have been inquiries & comments about Flite, I thought I'd add mine having just received my order.
    My concept was for a small head/speaker combo for small/mid-size rooms- Primarily for a jazz trio/quartet, but repertoire includes some R&B based
    fusion, etc. with a fair amount of slapping.
    I decided on a Mesa WalkAbout head; I've raved about that, and I'm real happy with the sound and size. My first cabinet choice was an EA VL108 or 110,now history.
    I spoke w/Kurt @ Flite following BP's info; and chose to try a 112MB- w/ a 5" driver replacing the horn-
    To cut to the chase- Personally, I am totally pleased with the cabinet- The sound is excellent, with sharpness and clarity throughout. It has a very smooth tone for jazz, nice and round, and also projects some very acute & defined Khz's.
    I like the voicing (the drivers are Eminence) & there's ample headroom.
    Kurt may have been a bit slow in responding to my follow-ups,but in no way did I have a problem with
    the order- He also guarantees the product with a money-back promise. I definetly won't use that.
    Every player has to evaluate the sound of gear on their own terms- Personally I would have no qualms about recommending these cabinets to others. They seem like they coud be a great unit for upright players as well- They sound great through my "Fender" basses.