Flite Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Abluesbassist, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Hey this is my first time posting i just wanted to tell every one that i just got a new rig that kicks. I just scored a pair of FLITE cabs. these are freaking great. they have great low end and lots of punch. i play an original fender '73 p-bass with flat wounds so i get a lot of low end. With my old rig (ampeg 410 he and 15 he ) i was getting alot of low end but it was very muddy. not with the flites these are crystal clear and sound great. and the best part is they're extremly light. i got a 4x10 and a 1x18 is on order. the 4x10 only weigh like 45 pounds and handles 600 watts by it's self at 8 ohms and has no problem competing with the rest of my band (2 guitars, drums, 2 vocals, and harmonica, all of which go through the PA, i don't got though the pa and i can still keep up) well just thought i'd let you all in on Flite cabs if any one want to talka about anything bass related post what you want. also i'm thinking on replacing the existing speakers with new one and was wondering how the impedence works in a 4x10.
  2. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    I've had, used, & loved my FLITE 112MH for about a year-It really is a superb mellow sounding tight cabinet-12" Eminence, front-port, 5" driver-
    I use it as an extension with a G-K MB-150S and you should see jaws drop from the stuff I get from a 24-lb amp & 26-lb cab!! A 2x12 rig, 150 watts RMS @ 4 ohms (2 -8 ohm cabs) G-K "punch",
    weighing in at ...50 lbs net! Unreal.
    One word about FLITE-good & bad-
    The honeycomb composite construction is great for weight reduction and is very well-engineered acoustically, BUT YOU MUST BE GENTLE WITH
    THESE CABS!!! They are not Baltic Birch, etc, and do not have the strength of such. Now my unit became de-laminated at a joint, causing a rattle.
    I needed to send it back. Kurt as warrantied, did a COMPLETE & excellent repair-took about 2 months though- I would absolutely recommend FLITE without hesitation-but please-EASY does it.
  3. yeah i've noticed a slight buzzing in mine lately but it goes away whan i turn the cab on it's side think i'll keep doing that till it gets too bad
  4. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    Hope the buzzing isn't caused by damage to the cab-that has to be done by Kurt-(like I said, he honors completely, but I had to spend $30 for shipping and the wait was no fun!!) Maybe you have a loose connection, that could be taken care of locally-Good luck-
    No detraction whatsoever-FLITE is well-made and sounds as good as you need- a very nice tonal characteristic-I value mine alot- Kurt works slow, he's a "one-man band" but his warranty is legit.
    Like I say, you must be very careful in transport and overall handling of these cabs- Not wood!
    Happy New Year!