Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flite Sound Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matt.larson@excite.com, Mar 15, 2001.

1. I've heard mixed reviews on these. Some rave about them and some seem to not like them very much. Just wondering if there are any thoughts on them. I play both electric and acoustic bass and the cab would need to sound good with both. Thanks,

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Never seen them in the UK, but I do remember that Bass Player did a "shootout" of a large number of 2 x 10s in a special and Flite came out really badly - poor construction and lack of bass I think. The article made out that the cab was falling apart and really put you off. I remember it particularly, because BP mag don't usually like to say anything bad about gear! :rolleyes:

3. i kind of remember the review bruce speaks of as not being very favorable too. i did a thread on this a while ago. if you do a search with the keyword "flite sound", i think you'll find a few threads about them. could give you more answers.

4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Here's a bit of what Bass Player had to say about the Flite B210MDH cab in their 1997 Bass Gear review...

Construction 3
    Components 4
    Portability 5
    Sound 4
    Value 4

"Big tone from a box that you can lift over your head with one hand. Composite cabinet design is a mixed blessing; It's light, but it damages easily. Also, the grille on our test cab rattled severely. A good choice, though, for gigs that don't require a lot of volume but lots of tone."