Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flite Sound "What is up?"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by blueboy, Nov 2, 2005.

1. blueboy

blueboy

Nov 1, 2005
    :help: Anybody home? I ordered a cab from Flite Sound on 10/02. They took my charge card, but I have not heard anything from them yet 11/02. Their web phone number is no longer in service and their fax number is owned by someone else. I have E-Mailed with no response. I was able to get a new phone number via internet white pages (860) 564-0138 (in case anyone else has been looking). The answering machine says it is them, but I have had no returned call. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Bummer...I feel for you. :(

3. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I recieved a new cab from them a few weeks ago so I know they are still in business. It took over a month to get to me and they were a bit slow responding to my emails but they did respond. I'd say be patient - they should respond to your email but it may take a few days. It does suck that they don't have a phone #.

4. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    ^^It's being over a month since he sent the e-mail (if i'm not mistaken).

Did you send another e-mail at all (first may have being lost, misplaced, not read etc)?

5. blueboy

blueboy

Nov 1, 2005
    I have sent a couple of e-mails, have not got any notification that they have been read. I'm moving from Idaho to Arizona in a few weeks. I think things are looking bad. :crying:

6. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Did they ever bill the card? If they did deny the charge, explain the situation to the card company and get their lawyers on it. If the card was never billed just write it off and deal with a company that is willing to actually comunicate with customers.

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    From what I understand, they are still in business under new ownership...just real slow at replying.

8. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

No contact for a month?! That's ridiculous and completely unacceptable IME.

Good luck and thanks for the heads up.

9. Bassin' 'Round

Bassin' 'Round Banned

Apr 30, 2005
    Absolutely unacceptable. ANY company like that deserves NO business. I don't care how "great" the guy is or that he's a musician. Not replying, making excuses all the time for delays, what have you...

Bottom line, if you're in business, act like it, or get the heck out of business.

10. blueboy

blueboy

Nov 1, 2005
    Just got an e-mail and phone call from Guy at Flite Sound. He said that he was in California and it sounds like a SNAFU while he was gone, possibly shipping, possibly other personnel. Bottom line - it sounds like he will get me back on track. Got to say that I don't think anyone should tap your credit card until the product ships. I bought some barstools in a walk in store a few months ago, they walked, Mastercard did reimburse me. I hope those folks who skipped get their due. I'm glad I won't have to explain this problem to the little woman. Thanks to everyone for the help. I be happy again. :hyper:

11. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    For an ENTIRE MONTH? And AFTER they billed your card? I hope this works out for you, but his excuse is total BS.

Not that I've ever considered Flight, because I haven't, but if I had, I'd write them off forever.

Again, hope it gets well resolved, but this outfit is unfit.