Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flite Speaker Cabs???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Feb 28, 2002.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Hey all,

in reading the horrible BP 1x12 shootout, i did take notice of Flite's 26 lbs. 1x12. something that light is very tantalizing, but i wanted to know what people's experiences with them were. or any other of their lightweight cabs.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Bueller??

Bueller??

Beuller??

3. They are very light, for sure. Owners say they get the very best customer service from Flite. As for the specs, they are SO much "better" than all their competitors that, IMO, the Flite specs are pure B.S. I advise everybody to audition carefully before purchasing.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    so have you used a Flite?? how's it compare to Aguilar's or Berg's??

5. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I'll not go into details but.....get it in writing.

6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Flite is based in northeastern CT so a number of bassists here in the Boston, MA and Providence, RI area own them. Flite has been around for years, the guy that runs the company is a pro bassist himself and has aimed his cabinets at guys looking for small, lightweight rigs.

That means: jazz, weddings, etc. He's not trying to build the world's lightest SVT and I have never seen any rock players using them. Notice BP's description of the box as "polite".

I have played through some older ones in stores and have heard others using them on gigs. They sound good, nothing earth shattering but the price and weight do make them attractive. If portability and low cost are very high priorities, they are a good choice. If the ultimate pure tone is your goal, get a Glockenklang :p