Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Does anyone else listen to this band? They're never mentioned here on TB which always surprised me, as the bassist/lead singer is quite an awesome and unique player. Their only real radio hit was the song 'Danny Boy' off the "Glyph" album. Most of their albums are sort of conceptual rock albums, although each has a different feel to it. "Sink" was the first album I purchased of theirs about eight years ago, and it's very basstacular in some parts, and I'd recommend "Angels In The Flesh and Devils In The Bone" to anyone as it's just a lovely and thoughtful album. Give 'em a listen if you haven't.
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    They're outta Eugene, which is about 2 1/2 hours from me, so they come through here on occasion.

Heard of them, but haven't heard them. Supposedly pretty popular around here, but I wouldn't know.
  3. Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    Floater is deffinately a cool band. I need to get more of their stuff. Occasionaly they do acoustic shows over hear(Eugene) I want to check one of those out. The bass playing is damn good, if a bit much for my taste at times.