1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Floating Bridges

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by beatlesfan64, Apr 11, 2010.

1. beatlesfan64

beatlesfan64

Apr 11, 2010
    I have been a little mixed on my opinion of floating bridges, on one hand, it seems to a little less sturdy on my Rogue Violin Bass, but it is a real quick adjustment if one needs to be made.

Any other thoughts on the floating bridge? If you were to replace a floating bridge, any recommendations?

2. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I've had a floating bridge for many years,
    P1010367. .
    but I highly doubt you would want to mount one on a Hofner V-bass.

3. beatlesfan64

beatlesfan64

Apr 11, 2010
    I may not have been clear enough, I was referring to the already existing bridge in the violin bass (mine is a Rogue copy)...I thought those were floating bridges, but either way, that is what I mean...

they can be a bit of a pain I think, anyone else have similiar feelings?
    http://images.miretail.com/products/optionLarge/Rogue/456780.jpg

4. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    sorry ya you meant the floating intonation point...I always forget that IS the bridge..

mine is some kind of fiber-plastic on my Dillion copy.
    P1010324.

5. beatlesfan64

beatlesfan64

Apr 11, 2010
    do you have any problems with that? I have always thought of it as kind of "cheap"...but, it is doing the job as we speak, so....

6. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    for what it is and what it has to do, I'm in agreement with you. It made a big difference when I found an old smashed Hofner and took the tail for mine.