Flogging Molly stuff

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ARA punk, Mar 5, 2002.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Does anyone know where i can get guitar and bass tabs for Flogging Molly's "Swagger" album? They are an awesome band. If anyone knows of any other bands like FM id really appreciate knowing about them. Ive starting digging and found that i have ALOT of Irish heritage and think thatd be a fun think to start collecting. Thanks alot.
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Don't know of tabs and whatnot, but the band itself is friggen' awesome! Truly a breath of fresh air.
  3. Dropkick Murphys/The Bruisers stuff are heavily influenced by Flogging Molly and The Clash. You might want to check out The Pogues, they are in the same vein.
    Flogging Molly is all that we listened to while driving through Utah on last year's tour. Great band!
    Sorry I don't know of any place with TAB for them.

4. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    you guys havent lived till youve heard..DING DONG DENNY O REILLY AND THE HAIRY BOWSIES..(I'm not making this up)...ah yes their classic anthem to the Irish famine.."Jaysus Maura de potatoes arent lookin too hot" I believe it was called or the other trad classics "the crack was ninety de night we died for Ireland" and "My Heart is so Full, You'd Swear I had boobies".

The blurb from a recent gig went something like this..

"Come to experience the music and merriment of Ireland's greatest bard. Not since the great rebel Napper Tandy puked in the handbag of the Lord Liuetenant's wife has there been as much laughter amoungst patriots.
    Gaze upon the countenance of a dreamer.. whose drink induced comas inspire his holy cause.
    After a year and a half prison stretch in the 'Joy for doing a ****e in a judges car one night, Ireland's greatest ballad singer, Ding Dong Denny O'Reilly, is back.
    The man recently described by Liam Mackey as "More Dub than the Dubliners, more furious than the Fureys and the man who put the lad back into ballad".
    He staggers the Earth to extoll those uniquely Irish virtues of drinking, puking, fighting, hatred and incest."

for more info:

5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Darn!Ad,i was about to say dropkick murphy's.The cd "sing loud,sing proud" sounds alot like FM,but all there other cd's are more punky.
  6. Ciaran

Apr 4, 2001
    He ain't kiddin'.....and I really wish he was.
    I can't feckin' stand Ding Dong Denny. :mad:

Ive starting digging and found that i have ALOT of Irish heritage

....really?..do tell.
  7. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Heritage wouldnt be the right word. Lineage? Anyway. Ive been listening to Dropkick Murphys alot longer than Flogging Molly. I like some of their stuff but some of it is kinda stupid. I have all three of their albums and Barroom Heros is by far the best one
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I love Swagger, Salty Dog, and Worst Day since yesterday in particular.
  9. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Yeehaaw FINALLY another paddy on this board

I was getting lonely here.
  10. Ciaran

Apr 4, 2001
    yeah.and God_of_bass is from Belfast (I think)

Slán go fóil,
    do chara
  11. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Dia dhuit (gawd my Irish is rusty) Ciaran,
    I see from your profile ye like African music, you should check out youssou ndours greatest hits (his bassist Habib Faye is amazing) also anything by Femi or Fela Kute(sp) is worth a listen as well.

12. Ciaran

Apr 4, 2001
    I love Youssou Ndour.....I never knew the bassists name though,Thanks.
    I'm actually listening to one of my African compilations at the moment.Yaze Yangala by The Elite Swingsters has to be one of favourite songs.....It' just great music to play along with