1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Flooding in Nashville

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by HailCorduroy, May 2, 2010.

1. I know there are some other Nashville bassists on here and I hope they are all okay. We were supposed to play a show last night and we had to cancel because our drummer and guitarist would have had to drive through the area in the video below. There have already been at least 7 deaths due to the storms and flooding. It's been raining non stop since yesterday morning and they are saying it will be raining at least another 12 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEzVeqQyPX0

2. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Did you see where the part of a private school was floating beside I-24?

And we cancelled a practice/rehearsal last night due to the weather. I only wish college would be cancelled so I could have a few extra days for finals studying.

3. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
  4. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Yup that's gonna be a fun thought being just miles from that tomorrow in class.

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Yeah, I'm in Memphis, and it's been a rough couple days over here as well. Real bad flooding in addition to the storms and tornados.

We had to cancel outdoor gigs Saturday and Sunday. Last night they had to evacuate Tom Lee Park where the Memphis in May music festival is held due to approaching tornados. Pretty sucky weekend all around. I hope all of our TB brothers and sisters are okay.

6. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Bad weather like that sucks. Sure hope that stupid damn holds together. :eyebrow:

7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I heard parts of Broadway in downtown Nashville were flooded. I actually have accounts (but not downtown) on that street. Does anyone know if Gruhn Guitars was damaged? Tom Bowlus, Vic, Tim Cole, and I hung out there at NAMM last summer. Big River Grill was our favorite.

8. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    It isnt that bad on broadway, and it isn't that far up, I don't think it got part first. Clarksville got it pretty rough because the cumberland flooded way up on riverside.

9. I think Gruhn should be okay. That's at the corner of 4th and the water is covering 1st and up to 2nd.

10. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Sending prayers your way, brothers and sisters. That is some nasty excess by Mother Nature.