Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Floor Monitors...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    What company makes a good floor monitor for bass???

2. SWR...I have one, 250watts and a tweeter.

3. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Powered or unpowered?

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Eden.

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    We use JBL at work, and they seem to do the job just fine.

6. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    I asked powered or un- because the best unpowered monitor wedges are definitely not made by bass cab companies. Even talking powered I've used the 500w Eon and would go for it over any of the bass specific wedges out there.

7. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    I'm sending my bass through our PA system with my sansamp bass driver DI and I need something to run parallel so I can hear myself.

JBL is a little too pricy for my liking, I looked for an SWR stage monitor on the net, but I cant seem to find it anywhere. Same with Eden.

8. you can get the SWR stage monitor at www.musiciansfriend.com

9. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    Would I be able to run my amp through the SABDDI then to the PA, and run the parallel output on the SABDDI to the stage monitor? Would the monitor work?

10. Not unless you have a powered monitor. I see from your profile that you have a Fender Bassman 400 combo. I assume it's one of the newer ones without the capability to add another cab. Smart move by Fender on that one, don't cha think?

11. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    I'm selling that combo, I dont like lugging it around and i'm not very happy with the sound.

So I'd need a powered monitor eh? Can you give me some examples of these?

12. Well if you are getting rid of that combo you should be able to pick up a new combo with a jack for another cab such an Eden or SWR wedge or if you go the head and cab route buy a cab and a wedge. You could also check out some of the newer monitor style amps out there like the ones made by Mesa Boogie, GK or Hartke.