Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Floridians... guess who's coming to dinner?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Nov 11, 2004.

1. ME!... ok, well, I'm going to Jacksonville to visit my cousin. Gonna show those Jacksonville-emo-kids what Rhode Island art-geeks are REALLY like... (insert picture of my guitar with 5 drumsticks shoved in the strings)

What Jacksonville like? Good scene? how far is it from Orlando? bout 3 hours?

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Aww you just ruined my to-be thread! I was so gonna use 'Guess who?' as the title!
    Anyway, I will - not even you will deter me from it :p

3. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Please do not judge Florida on what you see in Jacksonville.
    It is a dirty city. I sure it may have some nice parts,but most of what we saw was dirty.There are traffic lights every damm
    block. I must have popped 50 red lights in that city.Little
    Davids is nice on the other side of the river,if you like to play pool.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ive only been there a couple of times for shows and only to the downtown part so I cant tell you much.

Come to Gainesville instead. Im getting together with one or two other TBers on Friday. If nothing else you can check out our local scene which I swear to you is killer.

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    No...no, actually Orlando....Orlando is like oh...uh....um.....about oh.....uh.....12 hours from Jacksonville, yeah, that's how far, uh....maybe 13 with traffic...yeah....

(...quick everyone please tell him it's not actually just a hair over 2 hours...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE..... :D )

FF, no worries dude, BC is just about 2 hours from Jax, c'mon down, give me a call first so I can make sure to be ready for ya (...y'know, gives me time to by a plane ticket, and give you bogus directions and stuff...)

;)

6. so true. i couldn't agree more because gainesville is chock full of music, as are most big cities. im sure jacksonville has some sic music too. i was just there a couple days ago seeing the Metallica and Godsmack show which was very cool.

u should come to melbourne, florida where theres nothin but emo-type kids runnin around everywhere. lol

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I'm going to Jacksonville next week. Probably won't have any time to go anywhere else. Got a big bank heist pla...

Oops... said too much.

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...at least you ain't comin' to Orlando with a big bass heist planned!!!

:p

:D

9. Well, I'm going in January, so that'll give Gard plenty of time to the store ready, lock up all the good basses, get rid of any drum sticks in the store, make sure I only play GC stuff such as Sqiuers and Ibanez stuff...

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    More basses?

Right. :D

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...well, considering it's YOU, yeah, more basses makes perfect sense...

(...runs to work and furtively starts hiding all the "cool" basses...)