1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Flow My Tears - Stu Hamm [1080p] Bass Cover

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by shaneonbass, Sep 3, 2016.

1. shaneonbass

shaneonbass

Mar 13, 2014
    Hi guys,

I've just uploaded a cover of Stu Hamm's epic melodic tapping tune 'Flow My Tears'.

The link is below if you would like to check it out:

I hope I did it justice and please enjoy!

Played on my 2010 American Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe, through a Behringer Composer PRO-XL MDX2600 dynamics processor into Cubase.

Cheers!

Shane

brokenstoned and Goatrope like this.
  2. Very well done. But what's with the oddly staccato notes? They don't really fit, IMO. Too harshly gated or something.

And to pick some nits, too much flanging, too.

3. shaneonbass

shaneonbass

Mar 13, 2014
    Thanks bro!

Yes I think I know what you meant by oddly staccato notes - I think it's just poor playing mixed with having the audio EQ'd a bit too much, the treble is a bit high so those notes stick out a little too much. Sounds great through my studio monitors but when I listen through laptop or phone I do find those notes a bit "bitey" if that makes sense....appreciate the feedback! Challenging little tune...

4. Papersen

Papersen

Mar 22, 2002
    Nice job. I like it.

5. shaneonbass

shaneonbass

Mar 13, 2014
    Thanks!

6. Sorry, I re-read what I wrote and I didn't mean to be that critical.

Recording and all that has to be a pain to get "just right". I really do like what you did. Just wanted to make sure you got that part.

7. shaneonbass

shaneonbass

Mar 13, 2014
    Yeah man all good! It definitely does take time, I try to get multiple done over a couple of days and then I can edit whenever I get the time. Next few I plan to do over the Christmas period, practicing now for that!

It's also interesting when you are doing the video edit that you seem to block out things other people pick up because you have the same material in front of you for hours - I always try to get some editing done, then not look at it all week, then return to it so I can hopefully pickup some obvious weirdness that I didn't see at the time....it's all fun!

Cheers bro,

Shane

Ekim likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021