Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fly away

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ga_edwards, Oct 3, 2002.

1. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Could anyone tell me what exactly was the effect used on the verse part of Lenny Kravitz' Fly Away. Some people say phaser, some flanger, some wah, some env filter. It's one of those ones I just can't get my head round.

I need to know as I'm filling in for a m8's band, and it's on the set list. If it's not a standard fx, could anyone give me tips how to get a similar sound on my shiney new gt6b

2. From the few seconds I've ever heard of that song I'd say that it sounds just just like a Q-tron+? The other seconds were spent running as far and as fast away from whichever radio or stereo that was playing that useless tripe. >bleaahh!<

But that's just me...
    :D

3. sounded like an EH Bass Balls

4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I think I've sussed it now, but thanx chaps.
    I tried the Crybaby pedal wah model, through the Trace preamp model, and it worked quite well. It just calls for some fancy tap dancing.

5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Just fool around with the envelope filter section on the GT6B and you will find something close enough.