Flying "V" shape bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by oldasyoufeel, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Does anyone know of a bass made currently with
    that flying "v" shape?
    My 14 year old likes that shape and wanted to know if they make a bass like that. I have looked some but thought this would be the place to find out quick. Thanks
  2. gamera

Sep 20, 2004
    Gloucester, MA
    There was a thread earlier with a Dean Flying V bass. They are probably fairly inexpensive. Better buy them a strap, hard to sit and play a V.
  3. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    im sure epiphone will make one

oh wait, they do

i would imagine that you couldent really rest that thing on your leg, maybe have it constantly hanging off a strap.

if your just buying it for the shape then you would probably be better off with a cheaper copy.
  4. iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Epi Vs have a rubber grip on the edge of the bass which allows sitting and playing.
  5. I have a hondo flying v bass from the 80's and it isn't very practical. I don't use it very often, but when I do, I use it standing up. If your 14 year old can stand up and play a bass, they're top looking basses, but if not, he might find it a bit impractical. Good look anyways!:)
  6. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    Tagima, a very good brazilian company, has a V bass
  7. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
  8. That sounds aa bit steep for what he's looking for, with the extra strings and premium woods and such......
    Try the Epi, that's my suggestion.
  9. Stondis

Feb 12, 2005
    Jumpin' Jesus! Is that thing for real?! I thought it was a guitar but then I looked again and my mind exploded :eek: :eek: :eek: