Flying with a wedding dress?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Mar 14, 2006.

1. My sister is going to Jamaica on sunday to get married. There's no room on the plane to hang up her wedding dress they say, and she doesn't want to cram it into a suitcase for luggage. She also doesn't think she could fit it into a bag for carry on, it's big. What can she do, any nifty ideas from you travelling types?
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Get some of those vacuum travel bags that suck all the air out. Those work very well.
  3. Wear it during the flight. I'm sure she'll get some interesting conversations with it. Maybe even a free upgrade!!:D

Rock on
  4. No joke she actually thought of wearing it, she still might.
  5. DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y. the airline ask what type of aircraft is being used on that specific flight( 320)....if is something like the ones mentioned, a nice garmet bag would do the trick(she'll have control of it) she would have to ask the flight attendants if they would put it away for her in the first class cabin closet..she needs to make sure she tells them is a wedding dress they might be nice enough to do it for her(not garanteed ) but i seen it happen before...good luck