Flying with Gator cases?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Aslan, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Aslan

Sep 20, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I live in Sweden and next week, I will go to Germany by plane to play at a festival. I want to take my new Eden WT800B with me and all I have is a Gator Deluxe 2U rack case for it.
    Does anyone have experience with checking in Gator rack cases? Do I need a real flight case?

Thankful for any answer!
  2. telekaster

Feb 14, 2005
    San Diego
    Sorry I can't help you with your specific question, but I just flew with my bass and my Eden WT400. I checked the bass in (in the Fender hard shell case) and I carried the amp with me on the plane. It was safe in a carry-on bag.

After I flew back home, my bass case was cracked and now I need to get a better one before I fly with it again, I don't know if it would survive another flight. My amp came back without a scratch under my own care.

With that in mind, I'd recommend getting a real flight case or carrying on the WT800B with you on the plane. I know the 800 is larger than the 400, but it should be fine to carry on in the Gator rack bag. It would be a shame if the airline damaged your amp. It's no secret that they don't treat baggage very gently. Good luck!