1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FM Synthesis software, cheap options?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tired_Thumb, May 1, 2006.

1. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

For my own project, I'm looking to find some sort of FM Synthesis software that won't put my college rear end into bankruptcy. The FM-7 would be nice, but is way too far out of my budget, and I'm not afraid to step up the software in the future, just to silence the goldpounders. What I'm looking for right now is something relatively simple, something that preferably can stand alone, and something that can obviously emulate the old fashioned Yamaha DX sounds, and if it's freeware, that's fantastic, but if not, $65 is the absolute most I'm willing to spend right now, otherwise I'm too broke. If any of you DX junkies know of anything, that'd be great. Thanks in advance!

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Have you got a keybaord? I'd let my Yamaha FB-01 go for $50 (shipped) (Another Link). Pretty good FM sounds on it. I'm fairly certain I can dig up the manual and I'll throw in a couple MIDI cables to go with it.

3. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

geoffkhan: cool, I'll check them out.

Philbiker: Big thanks for the offer. However, I already have a Studiologic TMK-88 I just have to figure out and get it piped into my computer, and hope there's not a short in it. Again though, thanks for the offer.