1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FMR rnc?????

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass4820, Feb 3, 2005.

1. bass4820

bass4820

Jan 3, 2005
    texas
    Does anyone else own a fmr audio Really Nice Compressor??? I own one, though i don't use it enough,

but was wondering if any of ya'll play through them and what do you think of them? I can't tell to much on what a good comp... but i've heard good things about it.. :hyper:

2. I have one in my studio.

Haven't used it on bass (not a big fan of compression on bass anyway), but absolutely love it for mixdowns/mastering/etc. Really transparent, but can get quite obvious when you need it to be. The sidechain is a cool idea, with the correct setup you can get a drumloop to trigger a synthline (or whatever your fancy is).

I know, not much info around on these. A shame, 'cause they're really really really good.

3. mattm0805

mattm0805

Oct 13, 2004
    I have used one in the studio a couple of times, and I am happy with it everytime! For the money nothing can beat it!

You have PM!

4. DB5

DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    I have had mine for about two years. I don't think you will find a better unit out there for the money.