1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FNA Jazzman

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Funk, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    Hey all,
    I had a chance to play a Warwick FNA Jazzman at Sam Ash today. The bass totally blew me away in terms of sound and comfort. This particular piece was Nirvana black with gold hardware. I'm considering selling or trading my Thumb neck thru for a Jazzman just because of the comfort and ergonomic problems associated with the Thumb. Does anybody have a Jazzman and are you happy with it?

Thanks!

2. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    No FNA owners out there?

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Check out the Warwick Club thread.;)

4. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    Guess that was a nice way of telling me to get lost.

5. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    I tried an FNA and as a previous owner of a Thumb BO 5 i can tell you it is more balanced than the Thumb and a little lighter.
    I also find it to be more versatile too, but your Thumb neck-thru is more expensive, so i'm not shure about trading.

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    No. I wasn't being harsh. I just wasn't sure if you knew about the thread. Sorry about that.

7. I did the opposite. I traded my Jazzman in for a Thumb 5 NT and although I loved that bass I don't regret it.

8. gafbass02

gafbass02

Nov 9, 2005
    cheltenham uk
  9. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    i love the tone of fna jazzman basses, i cant get into the warwick necks though, so chunky.

10. +1. They sound great, the necks are like baseball bats though!

They're made to perfection though, so if you like them, you're buying a fantastic bass.

11. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk

Oct 10, 2001
    Virginia
    Actually Maki, it is I who owe you the apology. You were just trying to help and I didn't get it, sorry about that. I will check out that thread.