1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FNA naming

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Anarchyok, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Why did Warwick call it a FNA Jazzman or indeed the earlier FNA. Is an FNA somehow different to a Corvette (apart from the pickups?) I'm just confused why it wasn't named a Corvette Jazzman.

2. According to my (inside sources), Warwick held a contest to rename a model, the winning name was "Altus".

Unfortunately, they did not research the name very well, and it was trademarked by another company for a totally unrelated product. However, said company requested they not use the name "Altus", via a lawyer (with all said implications).

So, "FNA" is an acronym for "F***n' Not Altus".

...and yes, I'm actually serious.

:D

3. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Question is... what would Warwick say if you asked them?

4. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    That alone makes me want one. :D

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    awesome.

6. haha thanks guys...i've posted it on the warwick forum so hopefully someone there can confirm whats been said here. I just find it interesting then, that only certain variants of the Corvette became an FNA. Anyway....

7. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    so to us canadians, FNA means f***** "A" ?

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The first time I played one I thought to myself "FNA, that's a nice bass"... I figured that's how it got named...by folks playing it and saying the same thing.

9. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    I've seen the story confirmed by Warwick before.

I played an Altus, it was sweet!