Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FNG!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DPKolba, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Hey people, I finally took the plunge and became a member of this site (which is one of the most entertaining I've ever come across). I've been hiding in the shadows quietly for some time now, and I figured I should emerge and say "Salutations". So there it is, and have a nice day.

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Welcome to TalkBass, enjoy your stay.

Now become a supporting member.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey there, welcome to talkbass! :)

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    what's a FNG?

welcome aboard anyways! :)

5. Thanks for the kind replies....from what I've always heard, FNG translates into F----ing New Guy (substitute favorite F-word of choice).

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    favorite new guy! :) :rolleyes:

7. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    flatulent new guy?!?:eek:

Chris A.:rolleyes: :bassist:

8. It's a distinct possibility! I used to be lactose intolerant, but now I'm just biased. :)

9. Welcome, flatulant nude guy! Don't take offense to those of us hanging out by the window on the other side of the room... :eek: :D

So, what is your bass-life story?

10. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Welcome to TB, Mr. FNG!:D

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    New member?! I don't recall the standard $100 bribe being put into my "inbox".

12. My bass history, eh? Well, I started my music odyssey by idolizing my brother. This was back in the day when hair metal was in, and all was good. Eventually, he brought home a bass, and I was hooked. I actually started lessons on piano, and progressed through drums before I took up the bottom end in 8th grade. Suffice to say, I never really looked back. Unfortunately, I've been stuck in the one man band format....the who man without a nation idea. After I got out of high school, I bounced around between cover bands, and that basically summerizes my musical experience.
    I look forward to when I can get my junk together so I can seriously start playing again. That's part of the reason why I've come to this site....for nothing else, but to be motivated.

13. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    hey, lay off him....it took me almost two year to support (i put my 20 in the mail yesterday) ...

look at what my avatar is gonna be....

sorry DPK, don't mean to hijack the thread....im just proud of myself that i finally did it

but yeah, welcome to TB: the cause and solution to all of life's problems...

bp13

14. :D

dood, what is that thing? Looks like a sock with eyes on it.

Whatever it is, though, it's purdy cool. :cool:

15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    \

bingo....its precious roy from sifl and ollie....prolly the best show ever on MTV

bp13

16. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Welcome to Talkbass Fender New Guy.

17. fanatical new guy
    fabulous new guy.
    anyway, welcome and glad to know you are supporting. :D

18. Hey, just signed up the other day myself. Best site I've come across in a while. Looking foward to talking shop with you all.

19. There is both motivation and de-motivation to be found here, the latter in the time spent keeping up here rather than playing. I lurked here for about three months before signing up, I think this is the best of the bass forums available (I'll be sending my support shortly). Watch out for the GAS attacks the folks here can bring on, pictures of some truly beautiful instruments get posted regularly.