Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

focus head and vol. question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spc, Oct 17, 2004.

1. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Hello, (please bear with me)
    I currently play a passive jazz into a fender bassman 400 into a bag end 15 cab; the bass had passive fralins and I changed them to a set of passive Bartolinis. I love the sound of the bass, but I am now having a bit of trouble hearing it as well. The bass seems a little quieter now (but I am digging the "bark" of the barts). I have been reading and trying to understand re: watts, ohms, and volume, and I'm still a bit confused. I am thinking of buying an Acoustic Image focus head( 600 watts @ 4 ohms). If I have two 8 ohm cabs (15s)
    will that give me all of the available wattage? Will there be a big difference in volume going from the Fender bassman Bag end 15, to the focus head with two cabs? Does anyone know if there are two outputs on the focus head?
    Thank you for any help....

2. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

"If I have two 8 ohm cabs (15s)
    will that give me all of the available wattage? Will there be a big difference in volume going from the Fender bassman Bag end 15, to the focus head with two cabs? Does anyone know if there are two outputs on the focus head?"

Yes, HUGE yes and yes.

Your welcome,
    Johno

3. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Thanks,
    one love...