1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Focusrite Scarlett Solo 1st gen popping and crackling after updating to latest driver

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by troubleshooter, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Hi all!
    Today I updated my focusrite scarlett solo 1st gen driver on Win 10, AMD System USB 2.0 and now I have annoying crackles and pops on all audio.
    Any advice how to resolve this issue? Oh yes, I cannot find the old driver anywhere online, only the latest one.
    Thanks, Regards, AJ

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  2. Problem solved, I did a system restore and it changed windows 10 back to it`s previous settings ( before the update and issues began ) Still I would like to know where I can get a copy of this old driver files in case of an re-installation, format, crash ect. just for safety sakes ( since only the new problematic driver is available on their website )

3. Aloe

Aloe

Apr 10, 2016
    Ukraine
    contact Focusrite, seriously. so they can both fix the driver and give you the older version.

and make a 'Distr' folder somewhere (like on some cloud storage or your computer), where you will move your precious installers instead of deleting them.

troubleshooter and 40Hz like this.
  4. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

This. A thousand times this.

That or get yourself an inexpensive 1TB external drive for around $45 and use that just for keeping copies of critical files and installers.

I’d also suggest saving PDFs of your purchase receipts, installation instruction emails, and a list containing any activation codes you received just in case. I haven’t run into with music software yet. But I’ve had clients lose activation codes for some software and they were out of luck.

Better yet do both.

MEGA offers 15Gb of encrypted cloud storage free for the asking. (Used to be 50Gb for free, but they recently reduced it to 15Gb for new accounts. Existing accounts are grandfathered in and will still get 50Gb for free however.) Highly recommended.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    troubleshooter likes this.