Focusrite TrakMaster Channel Strip - With A/D Card

Discussion in 'For Sale: Strings and Accessories' started by Hawkeye, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Hi guys,

I have a Focusrite Platinum Series TrakMaster for sale. The unit is functionally 100% but the rack ears are a little scratched up from the previous owner. It looks totally respectable and functions perfectly. No issues.

This is the older Trak Master series (not the current Pro) so it has a sweepable two-band plus two global settings EQ that the Pro doesn't. It also has full multi-segment LED metering for the compressor and output.

Review in Sound on Sound >

The bonus on this full-featured channel strip is that I have installed the A/D card which is an option worth over $200 and can be used in all 1 or 2 ch Platinum Series preamps.

Details here:

This unit is a very good bass tracking tool, plus it also does a nice job as a mic pre. I have recorded acoustic guitar and vox with good results into Sonar.

If you have an interface that has a spare S/PDIF connection, then you're in business. You can get an extra full-featured channel even if all your inputs are being used. It also has +4db and -10db line level outputs for latency-free monitoring into your mixer or sound card.

I currently have it linked up to my Edirol DA-2496 with the DA as the master and the Focusrite synced up via Word Clock. I have tried it the other way with the Focusrite as the Master clock and it seems to work equally well either way.

Looking for $300. USF plus shipping. I'm not set up to receive Paypal payments so US money order would be the way to go.

The reason I'm selling this is to save up for a high-end 2 channel pre. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Ahh yes, another feature is that you could use this preamp live into a power amp. Nice.
  2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Bump for a versatile channel strip. $300. USF
  3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Bump for a very full-featured, professional channel strip. You could do a lot with this piece. It's very versatile, and good sounding.
  4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Slight compression with punch button engaged, plus a touch of the Tube Sound control = thick and juicy recorded basslines.
  5. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Hey guys, it's like this was made for bass, three band EQ but only the BASS EQ is parametric!!

Full-featured channel strip for pro results. Maybe if I go door-to-door?
  6. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Lunch-time BUMP. Good piece of gear.
  7. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Needs a new home, not getting used as much as other tube pres in the stable, but this is the most full-featured and versatile of the lot.
  8. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

This gear gives good groove. Very accomplished and professional sounding for recording or for live into house. Really!

I can't believe I'm lowering the price to $275 especially with the built-in AD card. You can hook up to pretty much anything with this.