1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fodera .040 Standard Nickle Bass Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by guitarfan3, Jul 2, 2012.

1. guitarfan3

guitarfan3

Aug 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Just bought a set of these. They seem to be very tight across the neck. Has anyone played these? Thoughts? They have 2 lighter gauges. I'm just surprised that the mid-gauge is so tight. I believe my neck is bowed a bit now too.

2. I have the same problem with the Fodera 45-130 set I just put on my Lakland DJ5. Arguably the tightest set of non-flats I've ever played. They sound nice, but man are they uncomfortable to play on! I'll be switching them out ASAP

3. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Giver them time, they will loosen a bit. They are tight but not as much as Ernie Ball slinkys. I have been playing Fodera strings (Nickel, sets medium and medium light) for almost 10 years now and the more you play them the better they will get, might lose some treble in process, but midrange and bass will still be there. My 6 string has the same set for two years now, and I have no need to change them. The set before that was the same.