Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera 2000 preamp as preamp stand alone

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by east, Nov 18, 2004.

1. east

east

Jun 21, 2004
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a Fodera preamp (stomp box) to drive directly my Soundtech Ps802,
    has it a strong output to drive my power amp?
    thanx

2. east

east

Jun 21, 2004
  3. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yes, you can use the Fodera as a stand alone preamp.
    Epifani and Fodera have been using a poweramp and
    just that pre for years at the NAMM shows. I've also
    used it, using my 800 rb as a power amp.

4. east

east

Jun 21, 2004
  5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    After listening to the sound clips on basstasters website, I am getting interested in this setup as well.

Trolling for any additional experience that you might have with these (or the rackmount version)...as well as street prices for the stompbox and the rackmount...

Anyone?

6. thiessen3.14

thiessen3.14 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2002
    wichita, ks
    Since I got the fodera 2000 pre, I've been running bass to fodera 2000 to effects return on my aguilar db359. Yes, I actually think it sounds as good as the preamp on my aguilar. It definitely doesn't sound as good running through both the fodera and the db359 pre. I think I may part with the db359, even though I swore I'd never get rid of it. I'll probably regret it. I think the fodera pre sounds best through an ultra clean power section--I tested it through my mackie hr824's and it sounded incredible. Clear, warm, defined--all in a nice little solid state package. My .02.

7. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Thanks for the input.

I think my tastes are pretty much in line with yours on SS power sources. I like a fast, solid, punchy slam from the low end.

Do you know about what these go for?

8. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I just ordered one of those today! I can't wait to get it. Just for a reference, I gig with an Aguilar AG500 and a pair of Avatar 2x10 cabs. I plan on using the fodera at home through a power amp into my ampeg 8x10 for band practice. What a practic amp huh?

9. thiessen3.14

thiessen3.14 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2002
    wichita, ks
    I got mine off of ebay--new old stock from a music store--for $172. Pretty good deal, I think.

10. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I guess so. The price for a new one now is $320! The price has jumped.