Fodera 5 for a good cause

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kelbrihan, Sep 24, 2005.

1. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
  2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    God bless this man and his family. I only wish I had money to give him so that he could be helped and keep his bass.
  3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    That's quite sad that his daughter is having her third open heart surgery... I hope it works out.
  4. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I wish I had the money to bid. I can't imagine having my daughter go through a 3rd heart surgery. AND sell a killer Fodera...
    God Bless him!
  5. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    I feel really bad for this guy and his family. I couldn't imagine having to put my daughter or son through any major surgery, never mind a third heart surgery. I wish them the best!

Someone should buy that bass. The current high bid is no where near what the bass should sell for - it's a real steal.
  6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'm not a mod in this section so my opinion means squat....

but you are a non commercial, supporting member... it looks like a perfectly good post to me ;)

I've no children, but I feel for the guy myself.
  7. I saw the auction as well. If I had the extra cash, I'd buy it and give it back to him.
  8. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I saw the auction as well...that's rough. I hope the selling price is a high one.

9. I hope that guy will sell it VERY high!!!
    I'm only a future grown up, but I would feel really bad if somebody of my family would have that! Even more my children.....

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I am a mod of this forum, and I am going to leave this one alone. I have kids of my own..................
  11. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I hate to see the guy sell such a nice Fodera, but it is a blessing to have something of value to sell that can help a child. I know from personal experience that life goes on after letting go an expensive bass. You can replace the sweetest bass but a loved one, especially a child is irreplacable. Take it from someone who has buried a daughter.
  12. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I can't imagine what he must be going through. I hope it sells for 10X what its worth! GOD BLESS him and his family!
  13. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    No way I can buy that bass, but I can pray for him.
  14. Wow... I sincerely hope that the man's daughter gets better with her treatment.

I can't even imagine right now what he must be going through.
  15. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN

Man, I'm half considering sending the guy some money to help him out. that's really rough man. I can't even begin to fathom what he and the rest of his family must feel like. It just breaks my heart.
  16. Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    If you take the link to his daughter's page from ebay, it is at least a little bit more optimistic about her condition (at least that's what I thought). I hope the bidding goes high on his Fodera!

Perhaps someone could send the guy a link here so at least he knows that other bassists care.
  17. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
    I did, hopefully it will help him to know that there are people who care.
  18. audiotom

May 31, 2005
    new orleans
    I sent him an email via ebay and got this response
    Please pray for his daughter's recovery
    and anyone in market for that bass - act generously

Wow! My wife and I am overwhelmed by the support from my this community of bass players. As of today, our decision not to accept donations is still holding strong. This question keeps coming up among family and friends, but so far we have been fortunate enough to find the means to cover any financial gap left by insurance as the need arises. We are indeed doubly blessed, to not only be able to hold this auction to raise money, but to see such a generous outpouring of support from my this wonderful community of musicians. Of course, prayers are always welcome. Thank you all and God Bless.
  19. bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Dang. A great axe and a great cause... wish I could afford to drop a fat bid!
  20. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Looks like folks are holding out on the auction now till it gets closer to the end. I hope that people give as much as they can to this family. The bass is beautifull but the cause is much more important than any bass could possibly be.