1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fodera Announces New Emperor-J Classic and Monarch-P Classic Bass Guitars

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Jan 5, 2017.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    We're proud to announce the latest in our Standard Line of bass guitars: The Fodera Emperor-J Classic and Monarch-P Classic! These latest extensions of our Standard Classic line offer players passive configurations featuring Seymour Duncan pickups specifically selected to combine vintage tone with Fodera playability and build quality.

The Emperor-J Classic and Monarch-P Classic are completely built in Fodera’s Brooklyn, New York shop utilizing the same tone woods and crafted by the same hands as our Custom instruments, providing players with over 30 years of legendary Fodera craftsmanship. Available in a 4-string configuration, the Monarch-P Classic is available with either an Ash Body / Maple FB or Alder Body / Rosewood FB with a 3-piece hard rock Maple, bolt-on neck construction. Also available in a 4-string configuration, the Emperor-J Classic is available in either a 60’s Jazz-style configuration with an Alder Body / Rosewood FB with single coil J-J pickups (60’s spacing) or in a 70’s Jazz-style configuration with an Ash Body / Maple FB with single coil J-J pickups (70’s spacing). While these basses are being built as passive instruments, they come complete with control cavities allowing you to add our Fodera / Pope Standard preamp either at the time of purchase or after delivery.

The Monarch-P Classic and Emperor-J Classic will be offered in 8 classic, high-gloss finishes including Fiesta Red, Candy Apple Red, Vintage Sunburst, Black, Olympic White, Charcoal Frost Metallic, Pelham Blue, and Butterscotch Blonde with a choice of Black, White, or Tortoise Shell pick-guards and classic chrome hardware.

The Emperor-J and Monarch-P will be available to order direct through our webstore, via email by contacting info@fodera.com, or through our dealer network and carry a retail price of $3,950.00 for the Monarch-P and $3,995.00 for the Emperor-J.

To see and demo the Emperor-J and Monarch-P, please visit us at NAMM 2017 at Booth # 5286.

unnamed (6).

unnamed (9). unnamed (8). unnamed (7). unnamed (6). unnamed (5). unnamed (4).

2. Animal Chin

Animal Chin

May 26, 2015
    Classy.

3. dcbassist5

dcbassist5 Supporting Member

May 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown, Lakland, Hardwire
    Beautiful but not $4k beautiful.

4. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    But some people want 'em. I think they look nice.

5. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Fodera needs to stop biting my style . . .

;)

001B7317-16DA-42CE-8326-4B1E854D63FA_zpsbm2ihqyh.

98E70877-2B52-4EA2-9765-26863B85E9FE_zps07loiuep.

6. lowdownnotes

lowdownnotes

Feb 24, 2014
    NY
    Over my budget. I like the trend of less expensive, high quality jazz basses like the Squires and Sires.

7. ThuzzleFump

ThuzzleFump All your bass...

Nov 15, 2015
    California
    Jared, help me out. What are these instruments in the photos? Stambaughs? Yours? I like them a lot! Thanks.

8. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Yep, they are Stambaughs and they are mine.

Either just before or right around the same time as Fodera I had the idea to take Chris' boutique shape and give it a vintage styling.

9. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    Agree... no preamp,standard woods. $1000 bass guitar and $3000 for the Butterfly on the headstock!

itsalljustaride and depalm like this.
  10. kittywithabanjo

kittywithabanjo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Coquitlam. BC
    Clearly you haven't played one to compare it to a 1k instrument.

11. zortation

zortation

Dec 26, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    That bridge, lol.

12. itsalljustaride

itsalljustaride

Sep 23, 2009
    Right? All I could think was there must be some people who are tired of paying so little for a standard J bass. lol.

dcbassist5 likes this.
  13. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Not attractive to me

14. dcbassist5

dcbassist5 Supporting Member

May 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown, Lakland, Hardwire
    I play several Custom Shop Fender Jazzes that are modded and came in around $2k each. I cannot fathom ANYTHING being worth paying twice that!!!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  15. kittywithabanjo

kittywithabanjo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Coquitlam. BC
    I think a Fender custom shop jazz is a much fairer comparison though.

16. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    Very sad to see this. Fodera was one of the only companies that had a visible non-Fender design and now they've caved like the rest. Can't wait for the 3k 'crafted in <offshore>' one

17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    You never saw the NYCs?

18. The single P looks like the base model Yamaha Attitude Plus. :/ Definitely doesn't strike me as a 4 figure bass.

sigmafloyd likes this.
  19. Come to Canada. The Fender Professional series starts at about $2K. :(

Rugmaster and kittywithabanjo like this.
  20. That Jazz bass rump goes with the classic Fodera shape PERFECTLY.