Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fodera Anthony Jackson Contrabass - offers

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by cephas45, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Wonderful sounding bass. Full bodied tone, clear all over the fingerboard. Alder body, walnut top with matching headstock, ebony board, bart pickups, pope preamp. 36" scale. Has a small scratch near the input jack.

edit:
    Taking offers.

Pics:
    http://www.cse.fau.edu/~mschweis/Bass_Pics/Current/Fodera_AJ/

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

pics?

3. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    I'm sure I'm the only one that feels this way( meant to say it that way) but how about posting a price. You weed out a lot of tire kickers that way.

Just my $0.02. (which BETTER NOT be the price!)

4. I appreciate your input.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    What preamp does it have? It appears to have EMG stack knobs in the volume knob position. Also how deep is that scratch?

PM me with your price.

6. bart pickups, mike pope preamp. scratch looks deep in the picture because of glare, but in person it is fairly insignificant and hard to spot more than a few feet away. Not sure about the emg thing. The volume knob is stacked where the top part is the volume, and the bottom part is the passive tone roll off.

7. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Endorsing Artist:MTD Basses
    you stated you have a price in mind would you mind sharing it with us? Why is the price so secretive? thanks

8. thanks for the reply. I'm not being secretive. I'm interested in seeing what sort of offers I get for the instrument in the form of cash, trades, trades + cash, etc. Maybe I should edit the post to say "taking offers".

9. amspoon

amspoon

Oct 6, 2003
    How difficult is it to make the transition to a 36" what advantages have you found to that large a scale? thanks SAM :D

10. Hi Sam. I've found that although I have fairly large hands, it is easier for me to use a 1,2,4 type of fingering in the lower positions as opposed to one finger per fret as I would use on 34" scale or 35" scale. That fingering is very natural for me since I played the double bass in my younger years, so there really wasn't a transition to speak of.

Advantages? The bass is very full and powerful sounding. Sustain seems limitless. The B string maintains perfect intonation with no apparent muddiness up past the 12th fret, which is something I haven't experienced before to this degree. String tension is very high, and the bass seems to have a large dynamic range as a result. The tone accross all of the strings is very even, regardless of position, and there are no dead spots to speak of. I know there are other basses out there with these attributes, but it really jumped out at me after playing this bass.

11. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    I'd like to make an offer, but how much would Fodera (or a comparable lutiuer) charge to fix that scratch? You say it's only surface glare, but it is still a flaw. Any idea?

12. pm sent.

13. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Great playing man! I love hearing someone who can play alone and state the changes so eloquently.

I have to say that with a bass like this, I wouldn't be worried about a little scratch. The bass is much too beautiful an instrument not to be played. Good luck selling that bass, it's a lovely piece.

Cheers.
    Andy.

14. Much appreciated. It is a beautiful instrument.

15. elgranluis

elgranluis

Feb 14, 2003
    El paso, TX

Silly, insulting lowball bid removed by moderator. Read the rules, bucko...

16. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Endorsing Artist:MTD Basses
    MAN you made tears come to my eyes for two reasons 1 i can't play like that, 2 i don't have quite enough jingle in my pocket to buy it,,,great playing and i'm working on as we speak WOW

17. I appreciate your comments. I really just wanted to give an idea of the overall tone with the preamp engaged and everything set flat. You're working on All of me?

18. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Beautiful playing!! That's how I want to be able to play. I sould like that in my dreams I'm sure. Love the bass. Its out of my league price was I know. I suppose I could trade all my gear for it. :eek:

19. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You will save yourself a lot of heartache if you just delete you post and walk away.....just a thought...